Vitamin C is an essential vitamin, meaning it can’t be produced by the body. Nevertheless, it has many roles in your body and has been linked to impressive health benefits.
5 benefits of supplementing Vitamin C
- Vitamin C is a strong antioxidant that can boost your blood antioxidant levels. This may help reduce the risk of chronic diseases like heart disease.
- Vitamin C supplements have been found to lower blood pressure in both healthy adults and adults with existing high blood pressure.
- Vitamin C can improve the absorption of iron that is poorly absorbed, such as iron from meat-free sources. It may also reduce the risk of iron deficiency.
- Vitamin C may boost immunity by helping white blood cells function more effectively, strengthening your skin’s defense system and helping wounds heal faster.
- Vitamin C is needed for the growth and repair of body tissues. Vitamin C is used to form collagen, which is necessary for skin, tendon, ligaments and blood vessels health.
How to Get Your Daily Intake
Vitamin C is one of the safest and most effective nutrients. Experts say It is water-soluble and found in many fruits and vegetables, including oranges, strawberries, kiwi fruit, bell peppers, broccoli, kale and spinach. In fact, that’s how we consume about 90 percent of vitamin C. Not regularly eating these foods most often creates vitamin C deficiencies.
Although vitamin c is naturally found in fresh fruits and vegetables, it isn’t so easy. Vitamin C is heat sensitive and boiling or cooking can remove a food’s nutritional value. Food transit time and other factors could decrease vitamin C levels.
The recommended daily intake for vitamin C is 75 mg for women and 90 mg for men.
While it’s commonly advised to get your vitamin C intake from foods, many people turn to supplements to meet their needs.
TaylorMDFormulations Stress C Rx
TaylorMDFormulations’ Stress C Rx™ can be used in combination with Flamex™, Vitamin D Rx™, Arginine Replete™, MIC B Rx™, SerenCalm™ and AdrenaCare™ to support a healthy inflammatory response, cardiovascular and immune system, liver and adrenal gland*.
Stress C Rx™ is a proprietary blend of vitamin C and antioxidants that may enhance the immune system, support adrenal gland and liver function, and the body’s ability to repair itself. Click here to order Stress C Rx™ today!